In the winter, it’s even more important to look after your skin due to the effects of the cold weather and the dry air created by central heating. The dr do good in-shower moisturiser makes it quick and easy to keep your skin looking healthy, without the need to take time out of your busy schedule as with traditional moisturising products
The SHA recommend people take the following steps to look after their skin this winter:
- One of the best and simplest ways to combat the winter effects on skin is to regularly apply moisturisers and lip salves. This will help replenish the lost moisture from the skin. All skin types benefit from a moisturiser.
- Avoid harsh, alcohol-based cleansers and soaps. Stay away from cleaning products that contain alcohol and go easy on the exfoliation.
- Protect skin with warm clothing (a scarf, hat and gloves) whilst outside. If the rain makes your clothes damp, ensure that you change into something dry as soon as possible and don’t leave wet clothes in contact with your skin which may cause further irritation or chaffing.
- Whilst it’s natural to want to stay warm indoors, even the central heating can affect our skin. The drier air in centrally heated buildings means the skin can dry out, so try not to turn the thermostat up to maximum.
- Avoid the temptation to have a long hot bath, as this can strip away much needed natural oil from the skin. Try and shorten the length of time and remember to keep the water temperature warm -not hot.
- Apply a moisturiser to skin in or straight after a bath or shower while the skin is still damp. Drying your skin vigorously with a towel can damage it, so pat dry and don’t rub.
dr do good is ideal for ensuring your skin stays moisturised without having to spend extra time waiting for any creams to soak in - just spray on in the shower, rinse and get on with your day!